a memoir: family food photos life

Your Nav Bar Here

Friday, August 31, 2012

Ode to Summer

My what a summer it's been.  I promised myself when I started this blog that I wouldn't go more than one or two weeks without posting (even on my TWO MONTH vacation) well, oops.  So here's a peek into my summer. 
Lots of Family time

  Lots of cousin time
 Lots of bro time (my wonderful husband is on the left)
 Lots of baking (no-bake nutella cheesecake)
 A little bit of country
 A whole lot of adorableness
 and even more adorableness
 Even more baking (I actually tried the pie and potatoes from this post and they were both amazing) This pie was hands-down the fanciest and most delicious thing I've ever made
 More family time (these are my cute parents)

 an entire MONTH without my handsome husband (in which I passed the time by watching two whole seasons of Gossip Girl. Yikes.)

and spent lots of quality time with my cute boys (Fairy Tale Town, anyone?)

It was a splendid break, but it feels so good to be reunited with my hubby and back home in Hawaii.  I now promise to be much better at updates that will hold your interest in the future.

XOXO AshOfiction

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are SO cute. When you guys move back we need to have a play date..our backyard is made for little boys to run wild!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading AnnMarie! And yes we will totally do that! Then we can lament over the bittersweetness of raising boys ;)

      Delete