a memoir: family food photos life

Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Embrace the Camera


 This week I've somehow managed to maintain my peace and patience.  Something about my perspective has changed and suddenly it's become easier for me to live in the moment.  When I figure out how this came about I'll let you know.  But for now, I'm enjoying each second with my family.  Instead of worrying about tomorrow, or next year, or careers, or money, etc. I've become aware of how important it is to stop and think about what's going on in the world directly around me.  Instead of wishing I did things a certain way or longing to be "that kind of mom/wife/woman" I decided to just do it.  And it is SO much more fulfilling than all those aspirations and expectations I know I'm not capable of achieving.... for the time being.  I think this is the first time in my life I've been so happy with who I am in my own skin.  It feels good.




0 comments:

Post a Comment